Job Type: Full-time
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO, Safety Incentives, Driver referral program, Operator Recognition Program
Southern Wrecker & Recovery has been serving the greater Jacksonville area for over 20 Years! We specialize in light-duty, medium-duty, and heavy-duty towing services. We combine state-of-the-art equipment with decades of industry experience. Become part of a skilled and enthusiastic team, join Southern and grow your career!
Summary: An operator in this category utilizes an ancillary light-duty wrecker for transporting vehicles or equipment to and from designated customer requested locations. Towing involves, but is not limited to, motorcycles, cars, trucks, small boats, and industrial equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Document and communicate repair requests to mechanics. Performs daily maintenance checks and reports malfunctions to management/mechanics.
- Drive vehicle to loading/unloading location.
- Conduct pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections.
- Complete Bill of Lading (Tow Ticket).
- Work throughout assigned shift.
- Acknowledge and carry out written/oral instructions by supervisor.
- Ability to work flexible hours (on call).
- Delivers vehicles/equipment in accordance with customers instructions in a timely manner.
- Ensures wrecker/delivery vehicles are clean and in good working condition.
- Ensures customer messages/communications are relayed to appropriate management.
- Returns appropriate paperwork and informs management of delivery.
- Always assist in maintaining a neat and clean workplace.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test
- Clean criminal background
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Two years related experience and/or training operating a light/medium or heavy-duty wrecker; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in operating tow equipment required. Basic knowledge of industrial equipment, and basic mechanical skills.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Class E, B, C or A for Light Duty
- Current DOT Physical
- TWIC Recommended but not required
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work near moving mechanical parts regularly. Occasionally work in high, precarious places. Occasional exposure to fumes airborne particles. Occasional exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals, and explosives. Regular exposure to outdoor weather conditions. Occasional risk of electrical shock, and radiation. Regular vibration exposure.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to talk or hear.
Thank you for your interest in Southern Wrecker and Recovery. We look forward to hearing from you!
Compensation: Base Rate $800.00/week or Percentage Rate 25% whichever is greater.