Job Type: Full-time
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO, Safety Incentives, Driver referral program, Operator Recognition Program
Southern Wrecker & Recovery has been serving the greater Jacksonville area for over 20 Years! We specialize in light-medium-heavy duty towing and heavy haul services. We combine state-of-the-art equipment with decades of industry experience. Become part of a skilled and enthusiastic team, join Southern and grow your career!
Summary: Operate an ancillary piece of equipment for our heavy haul division. An employee in this classification utilizes their assigned truck and trailer to facilitate transportation of equipment within a time sensitive duration.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Document and communicate repair requests to mechanics. Performs daily maintenance checks and reports malfunctions to management/mechanics.
- Mechanical knowledge of equipment to be assigned.
- Fill out Bill of Lading (Tow Ticket).
- Acknowledge and carry out written/oral instructions.
- Perform alternative tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Operates vehicles in a safe and courteous manner.
- Delivers loads to customers in a timely manner.
- Ensures delivery of appropriate items in accordance with customer invoices.
- Ensures delivery vehicles are clean and in good working condition.
- Ensures customer messages/communications are relayed to appropriate management.
- Assists in maintaining a neat and clean workplace always.
- Provides exceptional customer service.
- Complies with E-Log rules and regulations.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test
- Clean criminal background
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Two years minimum driving experience of lowboy trailers, RGN’s, double dropped and/or sliding axle trailers.
- Experience in loading and securement of heavy construction machinery and vehicles, such as excavators, bulldozers, and buses.
- Basic knowledge of industrial equipment.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Class A CDL Florida Driver’s License
- Current DOT Physical
- TWIC Recommended but not required
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work near moving mechanical parts regularly. Occasionally work in high, precarious places. Occasional exposure to fumes airborne particles. Occasional exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals, and explosives. Regular exposure to outdoor weather conditions. Occasional risk of electrical shock, and radiation. Regular vibration exposure.
Thank you for your interest in Southern Wrecker and Recovery. We look forward to hearing from you!Compensation: Base Rate $1000.00/week or Percentage Rate of 23% whichever is greater.