Job Type: Full-time
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO
Southern Wrecker & Recovery has been serving the greater Jacksonville area for over 20 Years! We specialize in light-medium-heavy duty towing and heavy-haul services. We combine state-of-the-art equipment with decades of industry experience. Become part of a skilled and enthusiastic team, join Southern and grow your career!
Summary: Dispatch team members are the point of contact for drivers and clients, coordinating to balance customer needs with drivers’ health and safety. We are searching for a dispatcher – logistics coordinator who is committed to professional development and establishing a long-term career.
Essential Requirements and Duties:
- Call management (record call information, maintain details of each call, courteously update customers with call information)
- Use GPS systems to monitor fleet/drivers
- Load Planning
- Interact with customers/coworkers with a positive attitude
- Complete assignments from Dispatch Supervisor in a timely and professional manner
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to communicate (oral and written), with customers, co-workers, and management
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain a clean and orderly workstation
- General computer knowledge (word, outlook, excel, various Microsoft applications) and typing skills
- General knowledge of internal fleet/equipment
- General knowledge of customer’s fleet/equipment
- Preferred; minimum of two years dispatching experience and/or customer service-related industry
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of specific variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Work Schedule: 7:00pm – 7:00am / alternating weeks
Week one: Monday, Thursday, Friday
Week two: Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday. Sunday Compensation: $15 – $18/hour